Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Great Western

Yeeharrrrr! On Sunday Mick & I got ourselves all tussied up & headed to The Wooloongabba Antique Centre for The Great Western - A Celebration of the Western Shirt put on by Western Wac.
It was so fantastic seeing heaps of people all dressed up in the most fabulous western wear. I am drooling with jealousy over some of the beautiful outfits on display. It was lovely to catch up with some people again.
Even though I wanted to spend hundreds of dollars on all manner of mid-century goodies I restrained myself and only allowed myself to buy another squeaky toy for my new collection.
After about an hour the crowds began to give us the irrits (particulary this one woman with her two children that continually shoved into us to get by.) Do people not say 'excuse me' anymore????!!
We got to hear one set of The Sugar Shakers which was fabulous. 
It was a great excuse to don some western threads & get out of the house.
I wish I could be a cowgirl everyday.







No comments:

Post a Comment