Saturday, August 20, 2011

Click-Clack Retro Garage Sale

Friday night after stopping in to see my other man (Dan Murphy) I headed home to don the tracky-daks & sew up a frenzy again. Tonight's creation was a direct rip off of a fabulous Vivien of Holloway gypsy top.
I think it turned out pretty good.
To buy Vivian of Holloway's top go to

Saturday morning I left The Big Fella snoring in bed & scadaddled off to see Mz Karie at the Click-Clack Lounge Retro Garage Sale.


Mz K was racing around like a busy little bee selling her funky kitsch retro shabby-chic wares.
I was very very happy because I FINALLY got an anodised planter (I've been searching forever). I'm thinking I might put a bromeliad in it.I also scored a very cute (I don't care what you say Lisa) poodle tray & a rather kitsch retro Japanese framed photo for our kinda asian themed office at home.
I also ducked next door to Atomic Martini to visit lucious Lisa. As always I wanted to buy everything in site but alas I am too povo at the moment. It was also great to catch up with the Hill family who bought up a storm at both places. Mr Hill is a wonderful husband who is so understanding of a woman's need to buy yet another handbag & earrings because you can never have too many of either.

HAPPY TIMES INDEED!
Sunday arvo I whipped up another gypsy top from cute as strawberry material. I will post pics soon.
Me thinks I need to find another sewing project now. Hmmmmm what can I make now?
I think I might try to find a pattern for tea-timer blouses. They are my everyday wear in spring/summer.
Reproduction Alfred Shaheen frocks must be a bit further down the track.
PS:  My birthday is coming up & I think I need an overlocker. hint hint.



1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, I approve of the poodle tray ;)

    If you're looking for more sewing projects I wouldn't mind me a peasant top and one of those A-line skirts you were telling me about...just sayin :P lol

    ReplyDelete