Saturday, October 1, 2011

Redcliffe Girls Night In

Saturday night Mummsy & I met up with the lovely Karie from The-Click-Clack-Lounge and Lisa from Atomic-Martini-Vintage to attend The Redcliffe Girls Night In. As their blurb says "
They are a group of women who support The Cancer Council by doing a " Girls Night In " every year in October. They collect donations and have auctions, raffles and lots of fun. They aim to raise more money each year while supporting the local community and businesses.
It is run by Leeann (my neighbour), Clare & Angie who were dressed as "The Pink Ladies" & looked so cute! I LOVED their glasses!
 
So about 100 women all descended upon Angie's house with a common goal. To have fun & raise lots of money. The theme (obviously) was pink & the majority of women complied. I didn't own anything pink but did have a vintage frock with pink in it. I added a pink hair flower & naturally a pair of pink Hi-Fallutin earrings to complement. Mz Lisa looked awesome (slightly airhostey?) in bright fushia pink vintage & Mz Karie looked every stylish in her pink accented frock.
Mummsy & I were quick to start the night with a glass of champagne served by one of the good looking waiters who came to know our group very well through-ou the night.
Then we had a look at all the goods on offer for the auction. Everything from beauty products & services to photography sessions, kinky adult toys to pet goods. Something for everybody.
Unbelievably the raffle tickets (600!) sold within an hour! Mum had her heart set on winning the HP Laptop but alas it was not meant to be. Before we settled into our seats we had some of the AMAZING food that was on offer. A huge range of various croc-pot delights. So yummo.
Finally the time came and all the women were ushered out into the auction area. Marc, Leeann's brother was the auctioneer & had the daunting task of trying to be heard over 100 (by now very happy) women all laughing, chatting & shouting out their bids.
Unfortunately for the two ladies infront of us our laughing, networking & chatterin like a pen of chooks became too much to bear & they quickly moved away from the riff-raff down to the front.
We didn't waste time with introducing ourselves to the other local business ladies behind us & before you could say "more champagne waiter boy" business cards were being swapped & it became a networking frenzy.  The ladies from Beaute' Empire & Lollypops had us in stitches. Particulary a certain person who thought they were bidding on a buddah statue & it turned out it was a Tupperware pack. LOL indeed.
Naturally I went beserk with my bidding for the Atomic Martini $100 gift voucher (I outbid Mum) & I got it. I can't WAIT to spend it.

I also bid on and won a $300 voucher from J & S Photographics which I got for $90!!!
Mum got a couple of lovely prints.
Finally the auction was over & lo-and-behold if a stripper didnt' turn up! At this point I realised that my legs didn't work anymore from too much champagne & it was time to call The Big Fella taxi service.
It was a great night & I haven't laughed that much in ages. I am very lucky to have such great friends.
Congratulations to Leeann, Angie & Clare for an amazing night. It was so well organised & everybody had a great time. Great news too that you ended up raising an almighty $9000 !!!!!
Brilliant. Can't wait until next year. xoxoxo


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great night! Lisa can serve me drinks any time in that outfit I reckon ;)

    ReplyDelete