Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Diaper backward spells repaid. Think about it.

Well today is weigh-in day. I LOST 900g woohooo. Bringing me down to a positively gaunt 84.6kg!
As long as that graph is going down I'm happy.

I put it down to one word.....
ORGANISATION

Last weekend while other people went outside & enjoyed the sunshine I stayed inside my house & cooked up a storm. I cooked up Cajun Fish Stew, Indian Lentil Soup & Thai Pumpkin soup. I boiled up eggs & wrote up my week's food & exercise programme.
Planning & being organised is the key to my brain not feeling like a puffer fish in the sun.
visualisaton of my brain when stressed & overwelmed.
The other thing I have done is bought myself a fancy little notebook and whenever I think of.... well anything really.... songs I hear on the radio that I like.... things I want to buy (this list is quite long).... crafty things I want to try.... funny words (this week's word is ennui).... snack ideas. This helps get the thoughts OUT of my head.
Helps make me feel like I AM IN CONTROL.

I'm back on the 'clean' eating train. (except for that Picnic I ate yesterday. Nuts are protein right?)
I recently re-discovered navel oranges. OMG I must have been living under a rock. What have oranges ever done to me? I would go to Woolies and see them and just completely disregard them.
"Oranges. Pfft. Boring fruit". I would think as I moved onto the more exotic Nashi pears & cherries.
This week I thought.. "What the hell.. I'm feeling sassy. I'll buy some meh oranges".
OH CITRUS HEAVEN ALL WRAPPED UP IN A ROUND ORANGEY GOODNESS.
I'm now addicted. I'm sorry I judged you oranges. :(


In other news I am so excited because my brother & his wife had a baby boy this week. After a super long labour finally Bronson Denis came into the world. 10 pound 4!!!!!
It's so cool that my widdle brother is now a Dad. (and a bit weird)
I look forward to being a totally cool and rad aunty and spoiling my nephew rotten.
I also look forward to when Bronson is about 15 years old telling him stories about all the horrific things his father did to me when we were young.  hehehehehhehe


4 comments:

  1. Love this post! It's so true about organisation - and love the notebook idea. Thanks for the inspiration. And congrats on becoming an Aunty to the gorgeous Bronson! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Aunty Vicki!!

    Well done on the loss! :)

    Positively gaunt darlink!

    xo Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you losing weight :) It takes work in more ways than one.xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the loss. And congratulations Aunty Vicki, he is adorable. And may I say I looooove the Thai Pumpkin soup.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete