Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Im pickin up good vibrations Shes giving me excitations

First of all can I just say..
HOLY SHARMOLEY I LOST 2.1 kilos this week!!!
My post IVF body is obviously reacting very well to getting back into exercise.
Sweet as mate! My goal is to get below 80 kg by New Years.
So that is 7.6 kilos in about 9 weeks. Hmmmmmm I may be pushing it.

I NEED to get myself into some sort of acceptable body shape by Jan 9 because...
I HAVE BOOKED MYSELF IN TO FINALLY HAVE A PIN-UP SHOOT!!
ARRRRRAAAAGHHHHHH
Luckily it is booked with Bexterity Pin Up Photography so I know that Bek will work her magic on me to make me look totally sensational and sexy-as. I'm very excited. NO I'm not going to do any undie shots . no amount of makeup, lighting & positioning is going to get this little blonde duck to pose in her Reg Grundys. *shudder* No... something sassy yet pretty I think.

 
In other news... yesterday I hit the gym & did some cardio. I was pretty happy because I can now do a whole 3 minutes on the bull-shit hard stair master machine. Last week I could only do 2 minutes.
 
Anyway... I had finished and was doing my stretching *sigh bliss *. Next to me was the instructor "T" doing her funky exercises on this thing called The Power-Plate. I've been eyeing this machine off warily as you have to have supervision to use it. You can't just jump on it.
Hmmmmm wait sort of tortureous machine is this then?
"T" looked over at me and enquired as to how I liked her U-Bound class.
I was honest. I told her about the terrible foot pain and how my legs went all wonky and that it just isn't my cup of tea. She was fine.
"What's that fing do?" I blurted.
"Here hop on & I'll give you a go"
So hesitantly I stepped on. She instructed me to get into a squat position & hold on to the bars.
She then turned it on.
O....M.....Gg g g g g g g g g g g g g g
It send a very powerful vibration up through my feet & legs and
IT FELT UNREAL!!! (not not THAT kind of vibrator good you feelthy minded people)
It felt like my muscles were getting a massive workout BUT at the same time all the tightness & stress in my muscles was being vibrated out.
ECSTACY!
The horrific pain that I constantly have in my feet disappeared and the constant chronic aching in my legs started to vanish. I almost started crying. Seriously.
I then did a wide leg squat and then I had to bend over & touch my toes.
I didn't want it to end.
When I hopped off my legs felt like I'd done 3 U-Bound classes in a row BUT my muscles in my entire body felt AMAZING!
"HOLY SHIT" I exclaimly rather too loudly.
"I know" she smirked.
So basically if you want to use this miracle machine that I have nicknamed the Jesus Machine you have to be TRAINED. It is $45 to have "T" train you to use it. Apparently, if you don't do the exercises correctly you can actually damage your muscles.
Then after you are trained it costs $10 for an hour use.
I MUST DO THIS.
It isn't a substitute for proper exercise but.........
 
 

POWER PLATE ADVANTAGES
Power-Plate is a machine that gives the body's muscles a high-speed workout by using vibrations to stimulate them to contract and relax. They generally contract once or twice a second, but by standing on the Power-Plate, its vibrations cause an automatic reflex muscle contraction of 30-50 a second.
Power-Plate is a great time-saver due to the effectiveness of training and the fact that many muscle groups are activated at the same time. It's claimed that 10 minutes on the Power-Plate will have the same results as 60 minutes of conventional strenuous training.
Benefits include:
  • Immediate improvements in blood circulation
  • Increased muscle strength and flexibility
  • Increased joint range of motions
  • Decreased cellulite
  • Increased bone mineral density
  • Reduced pain and soreness
  • Faster recovery and regenration from injury and training
  • Enhanced metabolism and lymphatic flow and reductions in cortisol (which is a stress hormone)
  • Little impact on the joints and ligaments
  • Capacity for whole body massage and relaxation
  • Increases the production of collagen to encourage firmer, smoother skin
  • Helps prevent age-related muscle loss, bone density loss and skin wrinkles
  • People with medical conitions can exercise while working wothin their personal physcial limitations
  • Helps prevent injuries through enhanced propriceptive awareness and control
I'M FREAKIN' HOOKED

3 comments:

  1. How much fun to do the pin up shoot. You will look wonderful. I was thinking of you last weekend. I went to the Camperdown Cruise, oh my, how fun it was. My hubby and I did Rockabilly Dance lessons. What a workout!

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oOOOOOO You got to go to Camperdown. One year I would LOVE to get to that!
    Did you get to see the band The Rechords? The slap bass player is one of my best friends.
    They are awesome
    xoxoxoxo
    PS: I want to see photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work Vicki! Let me know about the pin up session, i have been meaning to do it.
    Be very careful on the new machine, my physio gets 1/2 of his new clients from people who have used it.

    ReplyDelete