Sunday, November 18, 2012

I'm on my way from Misery to Happines Today. Arha Arha Arha Arha.

Well what a weekend!
TBF & I started by watching the Star Wars Trilogy on blueray on Friday night & half of Saturday.
Man I love Star Wars. Han Solo Mmmmm

 
Saturday night we headed out into the stormy weather to go to my work Christmas Dinner which was at an Italian restaurant called "Tartufo"at Emporium in the Valley. It was lovely. The restaurant decor is very deco and the food was wonderful. I TRIED to eat healthy. I had a little bit of everything. To be honest the food was all pretty healthy and all made fresh on the premises.
I had a chicken liver pate thingy for entree and the linguini seafood for main.
I skipped dessert & had a skinny latte. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Chrismas Party Loo Shot
Sunday morning I was up at sparrow's fart to go to Newfarm Park to meet my fellow Round 4 12wbters to do our fitness test as a group. The weather was shitful.. Was that going to stop us though??
No friggin way!
I was VERY nervous, as I always am when meeting new folks. I tend to blather on at a hundred miles an hour like a looney and worry that people are going to think I'm a nut-bag. (note: I actually AM a nut-bag but I just don't like people to know) . I also have a tendancy to swear like a drunken truck driver which tends to put people off. I needn't have worried because there were a stack of women (and one bloke) there of varying sizes, shapes, fitness levels and weights and they were all so friendly.
I was stoked to be able to meet face-to-face a few people that I chat to on Facebook. Turns out these people are even more fabulous, funny and amazing in person.

 
First off we had to do our 1km time trial. I had come equipped with my ipod shuffle with my Prodigy running track ready to rip my ear drums out. It was so rad doing the run/shuffle/walk/gasp with a stack of other people egging you on. It was drizzling with rain too which I thought made it even better. I did my 1 km in 7 minutes & 18 seconds.
Next up was the sit-up test. Turns out I have the core strength of a regurgitated jelly fish.
Then how many push-ups you can do in 1 minute. By this time it was raining which was awesome because it felt like I was participating in some sort of Bear Grylls extreme sports thing.
I can do 30 push up on my knees in one minute.
Then it was time for the torture. The Wall-Sit. You've got to sit against a wall for as long as you can.
Now I've got leaning drunkenly against walls down pat but sitting... geez louise.
I lasted 1 minute and 2 seconds and it felt like my quads were going to explode.
(One lady sat for 4 minutes!!!!!!!!!!! Bloody Hell.)
At the end of it all ... in the teeming rain I am so glad I went. I've never been included in any sort of TEAM sports event without people pointing and laughing at me or throwing wet tennis balls at me.
 
 
There were some AMAZING INSPIRATIONAL chickies there too. Who have already kicked some serious arse doing the 12wbt and are now there to inspire the rest of us.
(I'm looking at you Kate & Aedita) They are my new super heroes. Infact Kate is in the latest issue of New Idea magazine. OMG I met a celebrity!!!!!
 
 
It was so good to meet a bunch of like minded peeps all with the same goal of losing weight, getting healthy, feeling energetic, increasing our self esteem and looking super frickin HAWT.
Thank you SO much ladies for organising it.
WE'RE ON OUR WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I'm soooooo jealous. Why can't I live in a nice place with fellow fatties who are also nice?.... It sounds like heaps of fun, and just the start you need for the 12 weeks. I'm inspired to blog hehehehe. How did you go on day 1??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great day!! Prodigy are a perfect soundtrack for running :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are surrounding yourself with positive people. Brilliant. I'm much the same down here with our local Warrnambool group. It makes such a difference. Onward and upward Vicki.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I found your blog! You have made my morning... and let me say, you smashed the wall sit in comparison to me! I think I managed 16 seconds, however, after all the planking I've been doing lately, next time will be a breeze. Good job! And keep blogging... I'm (stalking) following!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on going and meeting people to do the fitness test. I found week 4 the fitness test was easier with a group of people than in week 12 when I was rushing to beat the 6pm Saturday deadline (round 3) and did it on my own! Glad your local people are friendly - I've been lucky in that regards too. Makes such a difference if you can connect with real people whilst doing this program. Good luck with your journet :)

    ReplyDelete