Wednesday, January 23, 2013

10. Bronson (2009)



I've been chaffing at the bit to see this film. For one thing it's a "Madman Entertainment" film and I tend to really like most of what they put out and the other thing was it starred Tom Hardy.
None of our videos stores stock it & the young things behind the counter just looked at me blankly when I asked about it. So I went online & bought a copy.

I was a bit dissappointed with it. It just dragged on & on with not much storyline except Bronson in various prisons & institutions beating the living shit out of pretty much everybody and screaming like a looney.
The other complaint I had was that the DVD didn't offer subtitles and alot of the talking was really hard to understand. A bit muffled and a really thick cockney accent so half the time we were saying "What the hell did he say??? Bloody Hell!!! "
It is quite terrifying to think that this Charlie Bronson is an ACTUAL person. *shudder*

I did really like the "talking straight to camera" & the cut-aways to his 'on stage' personas though particulary the half man & woman one.
Tom Hardy's acting in it was totally utterly brilliant and I must admit that I found him to be very very attractive as Bronson. He had quite the dandy / vintage circus weight lifter look about him.
I'm a wee bit disturbed that I find characters like this sexy.
I felt the same way about Edward Norton in American History X and Russell Crowe in Romper Stomper.. I must have a sick attraction to arsehole skinhead characters.. (bit of a worry).

I kind of regret buying this movie as I don't think I would watch it again and I certainly wouldn't let my poor husband (who HATED this film) to watch it again.

I thought it was average. Shit movie but with great acting and eye candy.
 
3 STARS
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment