Saturday, January 26, 2013

11.. The Raid: Redemption (2012)



In addition to black black comedies and cool animation flicks I LOVE a good martial arts film.
The Raid is one of the BEST martial arts films I've seen. I know, that's a big call.
This movie is also one of the best action films I've seen. No corny shit No witty one liners. Just in your face pumping full on hard core action.
The fight scenes in the movie are UNBELIEVABLE.  When I watch marital arts movies I normally sit there gawping at the screen in wonder at how the hell they choreograph them!
I laugh when I think that the costuming people might stop them mid scene and exclaim "Stop Stop there's not enough sweat & spittle!!"
This movie is Indonesian and the acting is awesome but the fighting is what makes this film great.
You DO need to suspend belief because 'normal' people would obviously be all swollen and well totally rooted after being punched in the face and kicked in the ribs 500000 times in one hour.

This is an example of some of the things yelled by hubby & I during alot of the brutal attack scenes...

"OWWWWW"
"OH OUCH"
"SHIIIITTTT"
"OH GOD"
"EWWWWW"
" THAT'S GUNNA HURT IN THE MORNING"
" FAAARRRRRRK"
" EEEEeeeee EWWWW"
"BLOODY HELLL!!"
"HOMER SIMPSON INJURY! "(if you love the Simpsons you will know what part this refers to)

The fight scenes are fast and super super super bloody & gruesome. I found myself thinking "Mmmm I wonder what other inventive ways to die with they come up with".
But the violence is kind of like Quentin Tarantino violence. Hyper violence. So over the top it stops being too horrific. And there are some toe curling parts.
I loved this film. Not much of a story line but awesome movie.

4 STARS


No comments:

Post a Comment