Saturday, January 5, 2013

4. Chopper (2000)



I FINALLY got around to watching "Chopper" after years & years of my sister & brother raving about it.
It was great. At the time this film was made Eric Bana was more known as Poiter and comedy roles so it was amazing even now to watch his very first serious role. He is amazing as Chopper Reid and has the bloke down pat.  He is simply incredible and the super violent scenes are full on. You almost believe that you are actually watching Chopper himself. Even the physical transformation Eric Bana went through is amazing.
Even though I know that Mr Reid in 'real' life was prone to exaggeration about how mental he was (saying "Never Let the Truth Get in the Way of a Good Yarn") I still wouldn't like to meet the man. Why would you would WANT to be remembered as being a total psycho nutjob?
Anyone who is right into really good Australian cinema with awesome acting needs to see this flick and I reckon my American friends would love it.
The only thing I didn't like about it (why I deducted a star) was the fact that I don't really like any movie that promotes violent thug wankers and I'm sure Chopper probably loves that people are talking about him.
LOVED IT THOUGH JUST FOR ERIC BANA'S INCREDIBLE ACTING.

4 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment