Friday, March 15, 2013

20. Waiting for Superman (2010)



WOW.
If you are thinking "Gawd why would I want to watch a film about the public schooling system in American?!. Borrrrrringgggg" Think again.
JUST WOW.
I got dry mouth watching this doco because my mouth was constantly gapping in between exclaimations of " Bloody Hell!" "HOLY CRAP" and my sobbing.
SCARY SCARY STUFF.
It's funny how sometimes the most horrific movies are documentaries about REAL LIFE.
Personally I admire anyone who could be a teacher. I couldn't do it.
I would LOVE to hear the opinion of a teacher who has seen this film.
Thank God there are some people in America TRYING to change the system. A system which is... to put it bluntly... a total fuck-up.
I don't have any children so I have no experience with the schooling system here in Australia but even though I'm not a religious person I  friggin' PRAY it's not like the system in American.
HORRIFYING & COMPELLING.
I couldn't stop talking about it for an hour afterwards and even now when I think about it I feel like crying. Crying for the poor children & families who just want an education and to make a better life for themselves but because of 'the system' can't and crying for joy for the people who are slowly but surely forcing the change. True heroes. AMAZING.

EVERYONE MUST SEE THIS DOCUMENTARY.
5 STARS
 
YOUR THOUGHTS?

No comments:

Post a Comment