Saturday, March 23, 2013

22. Frankenweenie (2012)



Sigh. Tim Burton animation is always just SO good. I just love that in this day n age of CGI and computer animation that stop-motion still exists.
This movie is excellent. I loved that it is black and white and is such a great homage to old horror films. It's not REALLY a rollicking comedy but it does have some great laugh out loud parts.
As usual, it is the side characters that are the best.  The best, in my opinion is Weird Girl and her cat Mr Whiskas. I would just LOVE to have her as a doll. She's so awesomely creepy.
WEIRD GIRL & MR WHISKAS

I also loved Edgar E Gore the little creepy hunch-back kid.
Tim Burton has, once again, done a great job. I really liked how that even though the characters are stop-motion (the film took 3 years to make) they still look kind of hand drawn. Like sketches that have come to life.
If you loved "Nightmare Before Christmas" and "The Corpse Bride" you are sure to love this.
Tim Burton at his dark gothic comic best.
Note:  I probably wouldn't let little kids watch it as it IS a bit scary in parts.
4 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment