Monday, May 13, 2013

I don't have a Dirty Mind I have Sexy Imagination

Well hello there! How're doin?
I just thought I'd pop in to say G'day.
I had a relatively uneventful weekend. Housework etc etc. Early Saturday we did pop over to the other side of town where our friends were having a big combined garage sale. I got a luverly vintage blue lace cocktail frock and a Trophy Brides CD. Score!
I made a very very bad / poor / awful / yummy / evil food decision on the way home.
TBF was hungry so we stopped at Brew Bakers Bakery.
OK I must tell you all. If you are watching your weight you must avoid this place. So so so many delicious tasty tasty delicacies. Oh my.
I got a large Di Bella coffee and A CHOCOLATE BROWNIE. Not just a chocolate brownie but a chocolate brownie the size of a house brick that was still warm from the oven. Holy moley.
It was sickeningly sweet and was just like eating hot chocolate cake batter.
WHY OH WHY OH WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF!!? DO I HAVE NO SELF CONTROL AT ALL!??? sigh.
===========================================
Saturday arvo we popped down to our local barbershop 5 O'clock Shadow that was hosting a bit of a knees-up and had one of my favourite local rockabilly bands West Texas Crude playing.
The place was chockers with a real mix of cool cats and hipsters (and one daggy blonde). I stayed for one set but was still feeling like crud and was very very ty-ty so I left TBF to party with the gang and I went home & had a nanna-nap. I heard the afternoon got quite raucous and totally went orf!!

 
Sunday morning I had a very noice sleep in and had a day of bumping around the house. I cooked up a mega batch of Jamie Oliver's Chicken & Vege soup from his 15 minute Meals cookbook.
I tweaked the recipe a bit to make it more WW friendly though.
( I used WW bacon instead of 'normal' bacon & I left out the pasta). It is really really yummy and only 4 pp per serve. 
Mid Sunday arvo I was feeling a bit antsy and felt that I really should do some exercise.
The backyard was resembling the wild jungles of Borneo from a David Attenborough doco so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone. I strapped on my heart rate monitor, chucked on TBF's Akubra and kicked that mower into gear baby!
Holy bloody hell what a workout!!! It took me about 45 minutes & the sweat was pouring off me.
It was nice to have a nice tidy backyard again for the dogs to poo all over.
I've got to be honest, and this is going to sound totally out there man... but... it actually felt really really good to have a big sweaty work-out again after so long.
To quote Keanu Reeves "WHOA".
 




Unfortunately my good work was soon to be all for naught with the arrival of Sunday night's Mother's Day dinner at a Pizza place at Brighton.  It was so lovely to catch up with the in-laws again but the menu was certainly NOT WW friendly. I had a regular Sicilian pizza (olives, anchovies peperoni) and had a one scoop of Strawberry Gelato for dessert.
WHY DID I HAVE DESSERT??!! WHYYYYYYYYYY?!!!
**************************************
 
Anyway, I have put the weekend behind me now.
Yesterday (Monday) is the official start day of Round Two the 12wbt and even though I haven't signed up I have decided to do the exercise component of it.
I've told TBF that AS SOON as I get home, for the next hour I am in exercise mode.
Yesterday I cycled while watching the news for 45 minutes then did step-ups & then sit-ups.
I burnt 343 calories and earned 4 WW Activity Points.
I'm feeling very positive about my plan.
I have many more exciting things I have yet to announce but you'll just have to be patient
hehehehehehe (no I'm not pregnant)
Thumbs up!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment