Tuesday, June 4, 2013

If I asked for a cup of coffee, someone would search for the double meaning." ~Mae West


Well it now been ONE WEEK since giving up caffeine.
GIVE UP CAFFEINE .... WHAT THE HECK?!! I hear you wail.

Well whilst Googling even more websites about infertility and more diet miracles that will help transform my sad ovarian sacks into bouncy happy healthy balls of fertility ( I imagine them as those little Inner Health Plus dudes)
I did find a common thread with most. Get in at least 30 minutes of movement a day, eat shit loads of green leafy veges, take folate tablets, drink lots of water, give up the durries and the turps and GIVE UP THE CAFFEINE.
Now, I already eat mountains of greens and drink about 2 litres of water with Apple Cider Vinegar (some Pinterest site told me it would help neutralise my gut acid which has got to be good ... right?).
I take one of those Pregnancy Plus multi vitamin mineral tablet every night.
I gave up the cancer sticks about 4 years ago & surprisingly BWS hasn't gone into liquidation with my giving up the grog just over a year ago. I figure if I can give up the beloved grape then I can ditch the double shot skinny lattes.
 
Initially, for the first 3 days it felt like an alien had burrowed into the base of my neck & spread it's tentacles into my skull (tentacles with razors instead of suction pads) and then proceeded to squeeze & tear into my brain causing migraine like symptoms & a feeling like I simultaneously wanted to rip my own scalp off with one of work's Stanley knives and stab with my Staedtler black pen the next person who looked at me . I felt like I had been taken over by an alien.
"Holy shit" I surmised through squinty bleary eyes "If this is what detoxing from caffeine is like imagine what that shit is actually DOING to my brain!!!"
 
After 3 days the horrific head-ache stopped. I realised that the hip coffee shop next door does a brilliant large skinny flat white decaf that is JUST as good as 'normal' coffee and the office Decaf Moccona is pretty good too! The only thing I now notice is I get really tired around 3pm or maybe my eyes are just tired from looking at too many pictures of Grumpy Cat on the Internet.
==============================
My other amazing achievement this week is that I have made time in my day for some exercise.
I walk for 15 minutes before I start work then 15 minutes at lunch & then 15 minutes when I get home. Better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick I'd say. The 15 minute blocks work in well with my hours. So with my mega Color Run walk on the weekend I have clocked up 26 Activity Points this week. BOOYARRRR!
 
 
Now, according to my bizarre circus freak loss/gain weight chart, this week I am due to lose around 1.8kg.
I hope so. I've been pretty darn good this week.
So we shall see eh?
oxoxoxoxoxoxox
 

1 comment:

  1. I don't want to rain on your parade at all - but you might want to limit how much decaf you drink. Google has a number of posts about potential side effects - whether they're true or not who knows, but if you're doing this to be healthy...

    How about chai lattes?

    Good luck for your weekly weigh in :)

    ReplyDelete