Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Liebster Blog Award

I have been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by the Julie at www.julieinthemaking.wordpress.com Thank you so much!
At first I didn't know what the Liebster Award was & thought I had to start planning my outfit for some sort of awards ceremony like the 1954 Oscars but it's not THAT kind of award..... bummer.....



The Liebster Award provides a fun and easy way to get to know other new bloggers (you must have under 200 followers).  You then must also nominate 10 other blogs. What a warm welcome into the blogging community, this is a great way to meet new bloggers like yourself as well as get people to learn about you.

The Liebster Award Rules:

1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers. (I don't know 10 blogs so I have 7)
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.

The Questions I was asked and I would also ask of my nominated bloggers are:

1. The best place you have ever visited.

Japan. I loved everything about the country (except for their terrible animal rights views that is).
I loved how bizarre the Japanese people are. So traditional, lovely & polite and yet so wacky.
If I didn't have to work I would totally live in Japan. Everything from the food, the crazy shops & toys to the beautiful gardens & architecture. AMAZING.

2. Why do you blog?

To get the jumble of random weird thoughts out of my head and to hopefully bring a smile to my reader's faces. I hope that people read my blog and have a laugh.  My life is an open book and I try to 'keep it real' and honest. Yes that means I sometimes write about my bowel motions.

3.  Margarita or Pina Colada?

Neither. I gave up the turps in March 2012 after about 20 years of alcohol abuse. That Nestle non-alcoholic Pina Colada drink isn't too bad (full of bloody sugar though).
My liver & my brain thank me everyday!

4. The best meal you have ever eaten.

I used to absolutely LOVE a meal that my Poppy (Grandfather) would cook when we were growing up. This might repulse some of you but it was fried lambs fry, bacon, onion on mashed potato (made with cream) & gravy served with fresh white bread laden with 1cm thick Western Star butter.
I am salivating just thinking about it. I've said that if I was on death row & could request one last meal it would be that.
He also did a mean steak and kidney stew. Offal featured heavily in my childhood diet LOL.

5. Three people you would like to invite to a dinner party and why?

Stephen Fry, Karl Pilkington & My Husband.  The three funniest people in the world I reckon. I could listen to Mr Fry & Mr Pilkington's musings about life for hours.  I couldn't have a dinner party without my best friend, my husband.
It would also have to be catered by Heston Blumenthal and involve nitrous gas and an entire creature on a spit roast with gravy leaking out of it's orifices.

6. If money was no object what would you do all day?

Travel, travel and travel some more (first class of course) -  punctuated by episodes of intensely decadent oily massages, wonderful exotic foods and afternoon naps.

7. Your all time favourite movie.

Oh I have SO SO many. "Harvey" with Jimmy Stewart, "Finding Nemo" and "Goonies".

8. If you could travel back in time what year would you go back to?

1981. The music was awesome. Technology was simpler and you could buy Barsony Lamps for $20 and 1950s frocks for $10. 

9. Are you a morning or night person?

Definitely a morning person. I am zonked out & drooling by 9pm at the latest.
I particularly love pre-dawn before the loud world has woken up.
I like to sit out on the porch with a cuppa & listen to the quiet with that slight chill in the air. Wonderful.

10. What is your favourite page on my blog?

"10 reasons why I like Not Smoking".   I can totally relate. I gave up the darbs about 5 years ago after smoking full on for about 20 years (yep I started when I was 14).
I did cut back over the years... not in quantity... in dosage.
I started with PJ Virginias & ended up sucking on the more feminine Alpine Ultra Milds.
I also read Alan Carr's book & believe it was his that pushed me over the line to actual quitting.
Well, that & I realised that I could either spend $50 a week on a carton of durries OR buy more clothes.  Clothing wins everytime.
I see people smoking now & can't imagine putting a feelthy durry in my mouth now.  Icky.

My Nominated Blogs:

www.sheribomb.com.au
www.lorributera.blogspot.com.au
www.cocogirlbutter.blogspot.com.au
www.theblogofjules.blogspot.com.au
www.finding-carol.blogspot.com.au
www.alicejeans.blogspot.com.au
www.talkingfrankly.net

Please link back to me when you have posted as I would love to read your answers.
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment