Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Say Cheesecake Photography shoot

 
 

Being one of the world's most apathetic people who gets mega excited about projects for about a month & then shrugs and announces "Meh. Over it!",  I love people who go after their dreams & goals. I mean get up off the lounge, drag themselves away from Beauty & the Geek and friggin do something about their life.
I'm a lazy schlub. I have dreams but I am too scared to leave my nice little cocoon & GO FOR IT.
I mean what if SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS.

On the big wide world of social media I am constantly pounded in my makeup soaked face with
PIN UP THIS & FUCKING PIN UP THAT. PIN UP PHOTO SHOOTS. PIN UP HAIR. PIN UP MAKE UP. PIN UP FUCKING BUTTONS. BLOODY PIN UP EVERYWHERE.
Now don't get your French knickers in a knot.. I do love pin up stuff... Heck I even had a shoot myself! I just think it's become a bit OVERDONE. I certainly don't call myself a Pin Up. I am just a simple (in every sense of the word) 1940s & 1950s era lovin' gal. This means I like most elements of those decades which happen to also include pin ups.

SO, when I saw that Say Cheesecake Photography were doing packages that were a 1930s inspired Circus carnival theme I thought "Thank friggin gawd someone is doing something DIFFERENT".

I booked in with the gorgeous Kimberley & Celesta, two of the sweetest dames you could meet.
Now, it admit that it was in their back yard with homemade back drops & without the latest photography & lighting equipment BUT what they lack in production value they make up in creativity & passion.

The two looks I ended being really happy with are what I like to call
"The Sexy but Sweet Showgirl" and "The I See Bad Things in your Future Fortune Teller"
or collectively entitled "HOLY SHIT CHECK OUT MZ VICKI'S TA-TAS" .

Despite the fact that it was STINKING hot we had a lot of fun and I really got my jollies from wearing some lovely super sucky-innery corsets.

Kimberley (the photographer) & Celesta (Hair & Makeup) are so lovely & I hope that their business starts taking off for them.
They have a couple of things to iron out to push them over the line into PROFESSIONAL but once they get there I think the sky is the limit.











1 comment:

  1. Looks like great fun. Super photos too. Good luck to cheesecake photography and happy christmas to whoever you give the prints to :-)

    ReplyDelete