Monday, April 21, 2014

For a Healthy Happy Job

OH MY FREAKING GAWD.
I finally finished my Sewing for Victory outfit!


 
I was inspired by look of The Women's Land Army. 

The Australian Women's Land Army (AWLA) was an organisation created in World War II in Australia to combat rising labour shortages in the farming sector. The AWLA organised female workers to be employed by farmers to replace male workers who had joined the armed forces. (source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Women's_Land_Army )


"The Land Girls" movie


"Land Girls" TV series

 
 
 
The trousers I made are from brown cotton drill & the top from a really pretty yellow with little brown flowers cotton. 
As you may have previously read I had a real prick of a time with these pants. 
First the pattern measurements was all wonky & then they shrunk in the wash.
It was a bloody nightmare... but.... I finally finished them.
They are a bit baggy in the crotch & I'm not sure this style of pant really suits me... being a short arse I think they make me look even shorter and because I'm short waisted & they are high waisted they tend to cut me in half. They are comfy though.
 
The pants pattern I used.
The blouse (once you've sewed it once) is really very easy & I LOVE the pattern.
(I forgot to take a picture of it)
I've now made 3 blouses from this pattern. I just love the puff sleeves & peter pan collar.
 
It was really great to have an actual sewing project & I hope that Lucky Lucille has another one.
(good excuse to by MORE fabric & patterns)
 
------------------------------------------------------
MZ VICKI. LAND GIRL.
I love pants with a Pendleton look.

A Healthy Open Air Life

A Vital War Job

Pitch In and Help !

 
REAP THE HARVEST OF VICTORY
 
XOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXO

2 comments:

  1. great work on the pants and top :) I don't think they look that bad on you tbh, love the pattern on the shirt fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work... i was so tempted to join in on this sew along but alas the work monster stole all my spare time. I so love the fabric on the shirt. Ohhh by the way, I might of nominated you for a Bloggy Award :) http://www.quirkyandcurvy.com/2014/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete