Sunday, November 29, 2015

WALKEN IN A WINTER WONDERLAND

Saturday night I had my hubby's work Christmas party and the theme was
Winter Wonderland.
"Oh for shits sake! Winter Wonderland?!!! In summer in Queensland!??"
was my immediate reaction.
This was closely followed by "Oooooo an excuse to go to Spottys and buy some more fabric and sew a new frock SQUEALLLLLL!!"



Even though I was warned that the majority of people would probably NOT be in theme I cared not because if a theme is announced then God Dammit I WILL be in theme!


I decided to do the Simplicity Lisette dress again because it is really lovely on.... has a back zip and has pockets.  I chose a red cotton with gold metallic snow flake pattern.


I can't recommend this pattern highly enough. It is really easy but LOOKS like it is really hard.

I teamed my frock with a gorgeous Christmas hair piece from Kats Cadillac Vintagewhich made my super duper Christmas outfit complete!
Kats Cadillac Vintage Hair piece

I can't say too much about the Christmas party except the hall look freaking spectacular.
They even had fake SNOW!!

Hubby was right. 
Out of about 1000 employees only about 10 people were in theme.
I didn't know anybody so frankly I didn't give a shit what people thought of my 1950s Mrs Claus ensemble. I had fun anyway.


I managed to rail road two employees dressed as elves and convinced them that we HAD to have a photobooth photo together considering we were the 3 best dressed people in the place.

I'm not sure if they were too scared to say no but be all crammed into the booth.
Please note Mr Elf's expression in photo three.
I was squishing into frame & I accidentally put my hand on his........ ummmm.... christmas baubles.
Ooops.

It was a lovely night and a great excuse to make another outfit.
Not to toot my own christmas trumpet but I had at LEAST 5 people come up to me & tell me how much they loved my outfit & hair piece.
I'm not gunna lie it was pretty good for a dame's confidence and it felt very nice to say modestly (ok maybe not so modestly ) " Thank you. I made it myself"


Christmasy as all shit

I freaking LOVE a mystery photobomber LOL

You can't see it but it is snowing in this pic.
WE JUST LOVE LOVE LOVE A PHOTOBOOTH

THE BIG FELLA


ONE CHRISTMAS SHIN-DIG DOWN...... 3 MORE TO GO.

3 comments:

  1. You are adorable! Your dress looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWW Thanks Gillian. I am pretty happy with it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dress ~ it's so pretty! And the snowflake fabric is perfect... I love it so much I went a bought myself the same pattern; I'm hoping it will make up nicely. :D ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete